Logo: American Artist Chloe Dee Noble
American Artist Chloe Dee Noble
is a Painter, Sculptor and Author living in Florida after closing her studio-gallery in Carmel-by-the-Sea, California where she lived for twelve years.
After a brown recluse spider bit her nose while she was sleeping she almost lost her life and did lose her eyesight and was sent to Proctor Eye Research Center in SanFrancisco for experimental treatment. After several years she moved to LosAngeles as a scheuled candidate for a corneal transplant at Doheny Eye Center USC Hospital and was on that program for seven long years. After the transplant team decided she was not a good candidate and refused to do the surgery and she applied to Glendale Eye, Jason Darlington, MD successfully completed the surgery in 2012. Upon healing, Chloe semi-retired and moved to Florida where she continues to write, sculpt and paint. That corneal transplant failed Ocrober 2016 and in June 2019 she received another corneal transplant.
As a young girl her first drawings were of tiny violets growing along the creek that meandered through her family’s farm in rural Georgia where her imagination was inspired by the rich countryside. After high school, Chloe enrolled in the Fine Arts Program at the High Museum of Art in Atlanta, attended Santa Monica College, UCLA, and the Royal College of Art in London.
She has received many awards, some of which include: Who’s Who in the World, Who’s Who in America, Who’s Who of American Women and the lifetime achievement award in the Library of Congress, Washington, D.C.
Chloe has participated in numerous art organizations and competitions, enjoys teaching in any setting, served as board member, chaired many art exhibits and served as director of the prestigious Outdoor Summer Arts Festival in Carmel-by-the-Sea, California.
Much of her work is donated to charity and her award winning bronze sculpture “Beautiful Dreamer” is currently raising funds for AIDS and Blindness.
Chloe is a visually impaired artist. She lost her vision in 1996 after being bitten by a spider on the tip of her nose. After attending Blind School in Pacific Grove, she retrained herself to paint and sculpt. It was then she learned that a person creates with their heart and not with their eyes.
Chloe completed an exhibition at the 2009 Kauai Orchid Festival in Hanapepe, Hawaii where both of her entries in the juried exhibition won awards.
She loves to travel and enjoys frequent Solo and Group exhibits at LESSEDRA Gallery in Sofia, Bulgaria.
The Museum of Humor in Bulgaria, the 19th Biennial, accepted her work into two categories - painting and sculpture - for the juried exhibition May through September, 2009. Later, these pieces toured the Baltic countries and were placed into the museum's permanent collection in 2011.
Prints of two of her paintings are currently being auctioned throughout North America to raise funds for PBS television and her sculpture was included in a group exhibition at the Atrium Gallery - University of Southern Maine, Auburn-Lewiston.
Chloe enjoys meeting new people, enjoys sketching, painting and sculpting on her various journeys. Let us say that she is mostly in love with each moment of life . . . to her each moment is a miracle . . . the bitter and the sweet. She takes pleasure in simple things and enjoys an uncluttered and uncomplicated life.
Chloe was born on Helen Keller's birthday.
Curriculum Vitae & Biographical sketch
Chloe Dee Noble
is a painter, sculptor, forensic artist and published author
• Born in Atlanta, Georgia, USA
• Residing in France and USA
• Santa Monica College
• University of California, Los Angeles
• Royal College of Art - London
• University of Southern California
Marine Biology Summer School Catalina Island
• Pacific Grove School for the Blind, California
• Braille Institute, Los Angeles
• University of TelAviv - Studies of The Holocaust
• University of Sheffield - Forensic Facial Reconstruction
• University of Southampton - Shipwrecks and Submerged Worlds:
"Rear Elephant" Autobiographical collection of short stories and diary entries from the artist covering several years of her life. Copyright 2010, Library of Congress; Published Sep 2, 2012 on Amazon Kindle and Paperback editions - available worldwide
The artist received a corneal transplant on May 31, 2012 from a generous organ donor. Gentle care was required for one full year, not doing anything requiring physical strength.
She utilized this time to publish a few of her books in Paperback editions (available Amazon.com and other places) These are as follows:
"Die Weihnachts Steppdecke" & "The Christmas Quilt" bilingual - German and English in LARGE Print
"Il Natalie Quilt" & "The Christmas Quilt" bilingual Italian-English LARGE Print
"La Navidad Edredon" & "The Christmas Quilt" bilingual Spanish & English Large Print
"The Christmas Quilt" & "Le Quilt Noel" Bilingual French-English, LARGE print (this one is also available in Kindle editiion on Amazon.com)
"The Kersfees Quilt" & "The Christmas Quilt" Bilingual, Afrikaans & English LARGE Print
"The Quilt Koleda" & "The Christmas Quilt" Bilingual, English and Bulgarian in LARGE Print
"Eleven Short Stories" includes stories of LeRoy Aarons, John Denver, Joe South, Everly Brothers, film producer Jack Reeves and many famous friends
"Eleven Short Stories Large Print Edition" available in paper in large print
"Rear Elephant in Large Print Edition"
"Rear Elephant, etc" (autobiography) also available on kindle
"Grace Kelly" picture book/biography, published in English, French, Italian, German, Afrikaans
"Della Robbia" (novel)
"Della Robbia" (cookbook based on novel)
"Churchill & Friends" series of six biographies
"Carmel-by-the-Sea" available in Japanese, French, Utalian and English
"For the Moonchild" small book of poems and prose.
"White Magnolia" novel dedicated to Rock and Roll musician and Hall of Fame, Billy Joe Royal (book published the day Billy Joe died)
"Oink" petite book of nursery rhymes for children, bi-lingual in English and Pig Latin
"The Dead Woman's Shoes" true story written in Carmel-by-the-Sea California
"Wild Things" true story of a murder that took place in Georgia
"Song of the Crow" true story of the sit for Civil Rights in Rock Hill South Carolina
"Wild Things" an equity play in two acts
MUSEUM ~ PERMANENT COLLECTIONS
During 2009, two pieces were entered into the international competition at the Museum of Humor, Gabrovo, Bulgaria in two categories and accepted. Painting and Sculpture. They were on display for the summer at the museum and then toured the Baltic countries. In 2011, these two pieces were placed into the museum's permanent collection.
* 2010-2011 Noble Art Museum, USA
Retrospective exhibition covering thirty years
• 2007 - Lessedra Gallery, Sofia, Bulgaria
• 2005, 04, 03, 02, 01, 2000, 1999, 98, 97, 96, 95, 94 - Prints Charming Art Gallery, Monterey, California USA
* 2003, 02, 01, 2000, 1999, 98, 97, 96, 95, 94, 93 Atelier Chloe Dee Noble, Carmel-by-the-Sea, CA, USA
• 1994 - Mary Titus Gallery, Carmel-by-the-Sea, CA, USA
• 1993, 92, 91, 90, 89, 88, 87, 86, 85 - The Purple Cow, Wrightwood, CA, USA
• 1982 - Keri’s Art Gallery, World Trade Center, Los Angeles, California USA
• 1982 - Bon Marche, Milledgeville, GA, USA
• 1981 - Kottler Gallery, New York, New York
JURIED GROUP SHOWS
* 2019 - SPECIAL PRESENTATION "Little Girl Lost" 10th Lessedra International Painting & Mixed Media Competition, Sofia Buulgaria* * * 2019- 18th Lessedra World Art Print Annual Lessedra Gallery, Sofia Bulgaria
* 2019 - Mini Print International of Cadaques SPAIN 2019, Taller Galley Fort 2019 * 2019 - Lessedra Twenty Year Retrospective, Sofia Bulgaria
* 2019 - Lessedra Art Gallery Mixed Media 13th Lessedra World Art Print Annual Lessedra Gallery, Sofi& Painting Competition, Sofia, Bulgaria
* 2018 - 17th Lessedra World Art Print Annual Lessedra Gallery, Sofia Bulgaria
* 2018 - SPECIAL PRESENTATION - INSTALLATION Of Parks of Paris, wearable art for the 9th Lessedra International Painting & Mixed Media Competition, Sofia Buulgaria
* 2018 - Mini Print International of Cadaques SPAIN 2018, Taller Galley Fort 2018 * 2018 - Lessedra Twenty Year Retrospective, Sofia Bulgaria
* 2015 - Lessedra Art Gallery Mixed Media 12th Lessedra World Art Print Annual Lessedra Gallery, Sofi& Painting Competition, Sofia, Bulgaria
* 2013 - Las Laguna Gallery, Laguna Beach, California
* 2013 - L'etangd'art, Galerie L'Etangd'Art, Bages, France
* 2013 - Taller Galeria Fort, Cadaques, Girona, Spain
* 2013 - Wingfield Barns, Wingfield, Rye, Suffolk, UK
* 2013 - Fundacio Tharrats d'Art Grafic, Pineda de Mar, Barcelona, Spain
* 2013 - 12th Lessedra World Art Print Annual Lessedra Gallery, Sofia BULGARIA
* 2012 - L'etangd'art, Galerie L'Etangd'Art, Bages, FRANCE
* 2012 - Taller Galeria Fort, Cadaques, Girona, SPAIN
* 2012 - Wingfield Barns, Wingfield, Rye, Suffolk, U.K.
* 2012 - Fundacio Tharrats d'Art Grafic, Pineda de Mar, Barcelona, SPAIN
* 2012 - 11th Lessedra World Art Print Annual Lessedra Gallery, Sofia BULGARIA
* 2012 - Odessa Art Museum, Ismail, UKRAINE AthensArt International Arts Festival titled "Friendship through Art can change the World”
* 2011-2012 - 2nd International Painting & Mixed Media Competition, LESSEDRA GALLERY - Sofia, BULGARIA
* 2011-2012 - ART ABILITY, Bryn Mawr Rehab Hospital, Malvern, PA (Philadelphia) USA
* 2011 - Summer Exhibition, 10th Lessedra World Art Print Annual, Sofia BULGARIA
* 2010-2011 - L'etangd'art, Galerie L'Etangd'Art, Bages, FRANCE
* 2010-2011 - 1st International Painting & Mixed Media Competition, LESSEDRA GALLERY - Sofia, BULGARIA
• 2010-2011 - ART ABILITY, Bryn Mawr Rehab Hospital, Malvern, PA (Philadelphia) USA
* 2011: Display at “Art in Sharpe Park” event, Haverford, PA
* 2011: Philadelphia Museum of Art as part of the “Community Partnerships” display in the Education Corridor.
* 2010 – Ongoing: More than 60 Art Ability works are on display and on sale at Devon Manor, Pennsylvania, USA
* 2010 – Ongoing satellite: Riddle Hospital at Health Center, Pennsylvania USA
* 2010 - Taller Galeria Fort, Cadaques, Girona, Spain
* 2010 - Wingfield Barns, Wingfield, Rye, Suffolk, UK
* 2010 - Fundacio Tharrats d'Art Grafic, Pineda de Mar, Barcelona, Spain
• 2010 - Woodstock Art Center Gallery, REAL PEOPLE 2010, Woodstock, Il (Chicago) USA
• 2010 - 30 Mini Print Internacional de Cadaqués TALLER GALERIA FORT, Cadaqués, SPAIN
• 2010 - LESSEDRA Art Gallery, LESSEDRA 9th World Mini Print Art Annual, Sofia, BULGARIA
• 2010 - Newport Art Museum – Virtual Portrait Gallery, Newport RI, USA
• 2010 - Media 3 – Art Biennial, London, UK
• 2009 - Meadows Museum of Art, PBS Invitational, Shreveport, LA USA
• 2009 - Masur Museum of Art, PBS Invitational, Monroe, LA, USA
• 2009 - International Biennial of Humor in the arts, Museum of Humor, Gabrovo, BULGARIA
• 2009 - Atrium Art Gallery at the University of Southern Maine, Lewiston-Auburn, Maine USA
• 2009, 08 - Kauai Orchid Festival, Hanapepe, HAWAII, USA
• 2009, 07, 06, 05 - LESSEDRA World Mini-Print Annual, Sofia, BULGARIA
• 1996, 95, 94, 93, 92, 91, 90, 89, 88, 87, 86, 85, 84, 83, 82, 81, 80 - National Platform Association, Washington, DC, USA
• 1999, 98, 97, 96, 95, 94, 93 - Monterey Art Festival, Monterey, CA, USA
• 1994 - Carmel Art Festival, Carmel-by-the-Sea, CA, USA
• 1992, 91, 90, 89, 88, 87, 86, 85, 84, 83, 82, 81, 80, 79, 78 - Affaire in the Gardens, Beverly Hills, CA USA
• 1992, 91, 90, 89, 88, 87, 86, 85, 84, 83, 82, 81, 80, 79, 78 - Santa Monica Art Festival, Santa Monica, CA, USA
• 1992, 91, 90, 89, 88, 87, 86, 85, 84, 83, 82, 81 - Laguna Beach Art Festival, CA, USA
• 1992, 91, 90, 89, 88, 87, 86, 85, 84, 83, 82, 81 - Sawdust Festival, Laguna Beach, CA USA
HANDMADE BOOKS (written and illustrated)
• 1980 - “Princess Dragon Wagon”
• 1970 - “Pieces of the Heart”
Organizations: NSS – National Sculpture Society
RDS - Royal Dublin Society, Ireland
Glendale California Community College: Chloe taught Quilting Workshops, Printmaking and Interior Design classes for many years.
Every Woman's Village Community College in Van Nuys, California: Chloe was on the Interior Design Teaching Staff and taught workshops in "The Art of Stencil" and "Printmaking".
High School Decathlon Tutor: For several years Chloe volunteered as a tutor in the Fine Arts, The History of Photography and Art History. She is proud to say that ALWAYS her team won !!
Included in Biographical publications:
“Who’s Who in America”
“Who’s Who in the World”
“Who’s Who of American Women”
“The World’s Who Who of Women”
“International Who’s Who of Professional & Business Women”
Included in Permanent Collections:
John F. Kennedy Memorial Library
United States Library of Congress
Girls’ Club of Pasadena, California
Museum of Humor, Gabrovo, Bulgaria
LESSEDRA Art Collection, Sofia, Bulgaria
Advocate for Blind and Visually Impaired
As a visually impaired student at the *Center for the Blind and Visually Impaired* in Pacific Grove, California, Chloe learned valuable skills that helps her have a *normal life*
Local and Foreign Embassies
U. S. Department of State
Art in Embassies
Misc: The Fulbright Foundation accepted me for the Sponsored Specialist Program to be a guest at The Louvre Museum's Copiest Program in Paris France, to live in Paris and for three months enter the museum after or before hours of operation where I was permitted to set up an easel and copy any painting. For approval I had to meet and pass rigorous inspection on many levels. The application process took more than one year and I was scheduled to be a resident for the Summer of 2003. My trip was suddenly cancelled by the State Department, Washington, D.C. and quite soon after began the Iraq War.
The Louvre Copiest Program began during the French Revolution in 1793 one month after radical Parisians converted the royal palace into a museum. It was a rule that any artist who wished to enter the museum and copy from the work of the masters could do so. Among its alumni are familiar names, like Edgar Degas, Pablo Picasso and Salvador Dalí.
Forensic Facial Reconstruction
& CURRENT ESTATE SALE ART AUCTIONS Exhibits, Workshops & Auctions
CURRENT ESTATE SALE ART AUCTIONS
Exhibits, Workshops & Auctions
(artist, Chloe Dee Noble)
Christmas Tree Ornaments
This is the text-only version of this page. Click here to see this page with graphics.
Edit this page | Manage website
Make Your Own Website: 2-Minute-Website.com